Finding an effective mediator in Maricopa County is quite easy.
To meet that need, I've expanded my practice to include mediating personal injury and complex insurance cases.
– Robert Greer
I have tried to conclusion before juries in four states and eight of Arizona’s counties nearly 100 cases*, including:
Product Liability Cases
Premises Liability Claims
Dram Shop Matters
Insurance Bad Faith Claims
Commercial Airliner Negligence Claims
Suits Against Governmental Entities
Automobile, Truck, & Taxi Cases
*Cases actually tried represent less than 1% of similar cases negotiated to settlement.
In more than forty years of tort practice, I have been on both sides.
- For thirty-some years, my practice has been 80% defense and 20% plaintiff. For the past ten years, the proportion has been reversed.
- I was first certified by the State Bar of Arizona as a specialist in Personal Injury and Wrongful death Litigation in 1992.
- I am an Associate Member of the American Board of Trial Advocacy.
- I have benefitted from DRI seminars and AAJ seminars over the years.
- I have served as a judge pro tem in Maricopa County for a dozen years or so conducting settlement conferences.
Appeals briefed and argued reflect the breadth of my experience:
- State Farm Ins. v. Premier Manufactured Systems, Inc., 217 Ariz. 222 (2007) (applying comparative fault to component makers of a defective product)
- Parker v. Vanell, 170 Ariz. 350 (1992) (construing new comparative negligence statute)
- Broadbent v. Broadbent, 184 Ariz. 74 (1995) (abolishing parental tort immunity)
- Drucker v. Greater Phoenix Transportation Co., 191 Ariz. 41 (App. 1999) (uninsured motorists benefits for taxicab drivers)
- Garcia v. General Motors, 195 Ariz. 510 (App. 1999) (seat belt defense in conflicts between state laws)
- Cook v. Orkin Exterminating Company, Inc., 227 Ariz. 331 (App. 2011) (economic loss rule applied to termite extermination services)
- Adiutori v. Sky Harbor Intl. Airport, 880 F. Supp. 696 (D.Ariz. 1995) aff’d in table form, 103 F.3d 107 (9th Cir. 1996) (airport transportation system complied with the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Law v. Superior Court of Arizona, 157 Ariz. 147 (1988) (adopting seat belt defense)
- Knox v. Southwest Airlines, 124 F.3d 1103 (9th Cir. 1997) (qualified immunity for police officers at the airport, after arrest on the premises)
- Thomas v. McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Co., 67 F.3d 308 (9th Cir. 1995)(unpublished) (helicopter crash in Kentucky)
- Dunn v. Grand Canyon Airlines, 66 F.3d 334 (9th Cir. 1995) (unpublished) (airplane crash at Grand Canyon)
- Greenwood v Mepamsa, 2013 WL 485727 (Ariz. App) (natural gas fueled heater burns)
- Hazen v. BCI Coca-Cola Bottling Co. of Los Angeles, 2008 WL 5377916 (Ariz App.) (Falling soda 12 pack)
- Steven v Swift Transportation Co. 2010 WL 3723119 (Ariz App) (trucking accident, wrongful death (trial counsel))